2010-08-08

Blue Lightning and Invertebrate Friends

Last night was an interesting night... We had thunder with blue lightning. A huge network of lightning flashes going upwards. Yep, jet lightning, going upwards. It was pretty scary, but a beautiful sight. My parents told me of times they had seen ball lightning and even bouncing ball lightning - Scary stuff. I'm not sure if that actually comes from thunder though or if it is more like... Glowing... Ion or whatever. I'm no expert on this. Like ehm... Ions... That are like ehm... Released from the Earth? Or was that Iodine? Nah, Iodine is what they put in salt. Gaarh. Well, isn't it ions that are apparently released at earthquakes? So it comes from the ground? Dang it I really don't know this stuff.

Anyway, I tried the tricky art of lightning photography, but I didn't catch any lightnings. Well, actually, I did photograph some lightning flashes, but the visible bolts only seemed to appear when I put my camera down for a change. Just like snakes seem to appear in the forest everytime I don't bring my camera, Anyway, after a while, I decided to turn on a flash light and read aloud to my parents. I read aloud to them sometimes and well, I don't know if it's true that you should turn off all electrical appliances and pull out the cabels when there's a thunder, but we tend to do that just in case.

Anyway, so I read a chapter of The Count of Montecristo before we decided it was night-night time. A cute little moth came to join me, flying around the flash light and sometimes resting on me or on the flashlight. Then a little later, a nice daddy long legs spider came crawling up my hair to my face. It stayed with me for like fifteen minutes, crawling on my hands and arms. Then after a while it decided to walk behind the couch and who am I to stop it? With the moth flewn away and the spider crawled away, it was kind of lonely and boring on the couch downstairs, so I went to my room and lay in my bed. I called for the cat to come and sleep with me, but she didn't come, so I took my dolls to bed instead. About two minutes later, the cat did come into my room to sleep with me, so me and the cat slept next to each other, while the dolls could rest next to us in bed. Yes, I have dolls.

2 comments:

Lucas said...

This cannot have effect in actual fact, that is what I think.
Dance Lessons Nyc | topsail island rentals | car rentals phoenix

Asher said...

It won't truly have success, I believe this way.
sexy aprons | nude wedges | universities in Illinois