2008-08-12

Ayo Is Dead


Yes, apparently my blog can get gloomier than it already was. My beautiful perfect baby turtle just stopped living today. It was extremely healthy and perky and everything and then yesterday it was just kinda slow and today it just stopped living. Just like that. It isn't fair to exchange the life of such a beautiful reptile for some worm poop in return.

My mom said she was worried about the turtle having been so slow yesterday. So I picked it up and it was just still. I touched the legs and the head. Splashed water at it. Poked it gently to make it react. Nothing. It was just dead. My perfect beautiful baby turtle that lived like royalty and got pampered perfectly.

I was completely crushed, just lay in my bed crying and screaming. I used my origami skills to make a black cardboard coffin and I put flowers in it. I put the turtle in the coffin and put the lid on. Me and my mother went out in the rain and darkness with a flashlight. My mother had dug a hole in our pet cemetery.

We put some leaves in the hole and took one last look at the turtle before we put the lid back on and put it in its grave. The hole was then covered with dirt and we placed three big stones on the grave, so no dog or cat would dig my turtle up. I was just sitting there in the bushes crying and screaming.

I only had three photos of this turtle. I didn't even have it for two months and it was perfectly healthy all the time. My other turtle was somewhat anorexic at first, but it just recovered finely. I decided to spend the post-funeral time -Don't know if post-funeral is a valid word- cleaning my room.

I just feel really upset and depressed now. I don't know how such a beautiful and healthy baby turtle could possibly just die. We took perfect care of it and this species usually lives a long time, often longer than humans even. I have seen turtles of this species much older and bigger and I said "Wow! My tiny baby turtle is gonna be that huge one day!"

No comments: