2009-01-24

My Newest Poems

2009, January 19
DON'T STAND IN OUR WAY

If there is a god
Don't dare to think he's on your side
You hide behind bibles
And throw out judgments where you go

Get back to Earth
Here, people are starving
People are hurting
And your superstition won't cure it

I've heard there's beauty in the world
Somewhere far away perhaps
And it's hard to reach
So don't stand in my way

See, all we really need is love
In whatever shape or form
So don't stand in our way
Because of what your book says

There are people getting married
Having sons and daughters
And those that only dream
So don't stand in their way

January 22
THE END OF THE FAIRY TALE

Love picks you up
Warms you up
Cools you down
Spins you around

A hurricane will pick you up
And smash you to the ground

A fire will warm you up
And burn you to ashes

The ocean will cool you down
Right before you drown

The merry-go-round will spin you around
Until it makes you sick and dizzy

Love smashes you to the ground
And burns you to ashes
And makes you drown
Until it makes you sick and dizzy

Always read the end of the fairy tale

January 23
BE MY SOLACE

I'm afraid
But not ashamed
I earned my respect
And hope for love

Was I loved once? Am I still?

Be my solace!
Face your fear

January 24

WHO IS THE SUN?

Who is the Sun
But whoever keeps you warm?
Who is the Moon
But whoever protects you while you sleep?
And gently strokes your cheek
Or keeps you up all night
With her warm, soft light
While you burn her memories to ashes
And cover her every flaw
With a fresh kiss
And you make up silly lies
About a world that's in her eyes
And devote your religion
To the beauty of her skin
Just for the joy
Of making her happy again

No comments: