2010-01-28

Latest News

Today I finally had my blood tests taken. Well, not the actual tests, but they got the blood today. Also I had to (warning gross) leave a urine sample, which somewhat creeped me out. We paid for the really expensive special-tests to be done at a fancy lab and all, so within some weeks I guess (I don't know how long the special tests take, but the regular tests should be done in a week) I should have answers on all my values and whatnot.

I have felt somewhat more energetic lately, although still very tired. I suppose I feel inspired, knowing that in a few months I can start to live my life with someone beautiful and intelligent who comforts me and makes me laugh. Of course it will only be for a few weeks, then he will have to go back to Australia, but I suppose we will just have to keep on visiting each other until we can move in together, if we ever get that far.

Since it was the first time I was on town in quite a while, I did take the opportunity, even though I was very tired and there was a small blizzard, to go to some of my favorite shops. I went into a casual underwear store first, just because it happened to be nearby, but they didn't really have much interesting there. Then we (me and my mom) visited AfroArt, where they do have some interesting things, but nothing in particular that caught my eye.

Then we took the subway to go to our favorite vintage store (the oldest thing there is from the 17th century while the newest are from the 60's, though most things are from between late 19th century and the 50's) and it was open! So, we went in and we spent quite some time there, looking at and trying on clothes. There were three pieces of clothing there that I quite fell for and I ended up buying all three.

The first was a blouse from the 30's-40's sometime. It's a very simple blouse in a soft fabric, it's baby pink with little flowers on. The second was a bra from the 40's-50's sometime, in light pink satin, the thing is, that when you do find truly vintage bras, they are often in strange big sizes, but this bra happened to be a B cup and it was just my size in every way!

The third item - oh lawdy - it was a gorgeous blouse that I saw and fell for, it was at least a hundred years old, pink and black with lace and other decorations. I got it at a great discount as the lace was quite broken. Oh well. I have so many vintage and antique clothes that need fixing, maybe I should look into finding a really good seamstress.

Oh and by the way, that vintage store, it's EPOK, in Stockholm, owned by Agneta Kusoffsky, who sings karaoke, writes and makes art (I haven't witnessed the singing, writing or making art, but I love her store). Just thought I would shill her a little, apparently she likes it when people blog about her, gives her more costumers (though of course no one reads my blog but whatever)

No comments: