2008-11-01

Evening Snacks

Yesterday I had two delicious mini-pizzas for dinner. But later in the evening, I still got hungry. Since my father had gone to bed (he usually cooks for me) and I was obviously way too tired to cook, I had to find something to snack on. (All by myself!) I took out some rice-paprika-corn-peas mix form the freezer and microwaved it. Nom nom nom. Then I took a salty gherkin from the fridge. Nom nom nom. Then I took some frozen pancakes and raspberries out from the freezer and microwaved them and I took some soy yoghurt and Dijon mustard from the fridge and mixed together and I ate some microwaved pancakes and raspberries with some Dijon mustard-yoghurt. Exquisite food indeed! Nom nom nom!

The 30th of October we had a little Halloween party for little Olga. It was so fun! We watched a Swedish movie about Laban, the world's nicest ghost who happens to be afraid of the dark. My mother even baked a little Laban-shaped carrot-cheese cake with candy eyes and everything! (Of course I didn't eat it, cake, ew!) Olga seemed to think it was fun and Majken, the baby was really happy. Majken is so early with everything, she is only 6 and a half month and already she talks so much - Not actual words - And she can even crawl pretty well and stand straight on all four!

Olga is also a special girl of course, but different children have different talents. I do not think Olga was that extremely early with these sort of things, but some things that make Olga very cool is that she is so good with language! She uses big words and proper grammar - To a certain extent - And she can even say a few things in English! She usually speaks Swedish... Also, about Olga, she is the coolest, happiest, sassiest, most confident three-year old in the world! That is so great!

I surely do love these little girls. When it comes to more serious traditions of Halloween, such as the "All Hallows" honoring of the dead or the "Samhain" getting rid of all bad and inviting in all good... (You know, renewing yourself) I didn't really do anything like that... Didn't even put a candle on a grave or do any kinda ritual, not for dead loved ones nor for cleansing out the bad, bringing in the good... (I can do rituals for renewing myself, but I don't even know any rituals to honor dead loved ones... Besides from the classic lighting a candle and sending good thoughts) I didn't really do anything, don't feel motivated! Besides, if I want to honor the dead or quit old habits and start doing new good things... I can do that any day, I don't need a certain day for those things! (Though it certainly helps to give you a little push if you need one!)

No comments: