2008-11-05

I Told You So!

Didn't I tell you he was gonna win? I think this is great. It feels so much safer knowing that the man who will soon be in charge in America isn't a total idiot. I really hope he will spark up the civil rights movement. With a man from a mixed ethnicity family, who speaks so much of equal rights for all people, elected to be the president of one of the biggest nations on our planet, we are certainly on the right way!

I feel proud for my people, knowing that we can become powerful and change the world, whatever color or background we have. It would be stupid to say that because I am white and Swedish, only white people are my people or only Swedes are my people, I know who my people are, they are humanity and we can do great things if we try!

I hope that more people feel this way, that they realize that we are all one people. My mind wanders to the elderly African-American people who never thought - Or always knew - They'd see this day coming. Barack being African-American does not make him a better president, but this is a major event for our people, as in humanity, after some of us have been treated so badly in the past.

No comments: