2008-06-19

Places I'm Not Welcome

When I was a young teen, I was a member at Helvetet.com, a Swedish community for goth people. Lots of people there are quite immoral, as if they think goth community means community for people who like to randomly insult others. Once, I wrote on the chat board something like "I'm just so fucking sick of all the people that are just mean and shallow and sex-obsessed and don't care at all about things that truly matter in life". The next time I logged on it said my account didn't exist.

I tried creating a new account, but it said "It seems someone has used this computer to log onto a banned account. We don't want such a member back."

I went to school through the computer. I didn't want to meet any other students and all the schools were so messy. Didn't think you could be bullied from the internet. But I was. I was bullied so so much. You see, since we were home-schooled we had a school forum instead to write on. Anyway, people picked on me lots there and I just defended myself and told them to stop. In one of the forums there were some kids who said really mean things to me, so I called them intelligence deficient. So I got suspended a while from that forum. Anyway, after a while people just kept on attacking me and attacking me and writing nasty things to me over and over all over the forums, I couldn't even discuss music or philosophy or anything, because people just attacked me.

So I just kept telling them to stop and I kept writing the teachers and the vice principal and whatnot and telling them to do something about the insults against me on the forum. So I got suspended a month for "spamming". Because I told them to stop insulting me on all the forums. Apparently, you are just allowed to say the same thing in one forum once, even if people insult you over and over in all the forums. Anyway, even though I wasn't able to defend myself on the forums anymore, people kept on writing mean things about me there and sending mean emails to me, so I told the people who worked at the school and they said "Stop harassing us or we will suspend you longer". For fuck sake. You're not allowed to defend yourself?

Anyway, when I was a member at MyOpera, I would sometimes check HitsLink for fun, to see how people found my blog. I saw that someone had found me through clicking a link on HootyOwl. I didn't know what HootyOwl was. I wanted to see where the link was, but I had to become a member. So, I joined it just to see the link. Then I noticed it was pretty nice there, all calm ladies, mostly older ones, interested in graphics and cooking and stuff and everyone was nice and calling everyone sweetie and that and I was really happy to have found a forum where everyone is just nice all the time and they all welcomed me very adorably. Then, there was someone who mentioned my photo, she said I looked very serious in it and said "but that is just a young age thing" Young age thing? Because I'm younger everything I do is a young age thing? How fucking offensive.

Anyway, I understood that she didn't mean it as an insult. So, well, she had written a long message and I answered it with a long message and I just quickly mentioned in it "Don't call anything about me again a 'young age thing', I'm not a very youthful person and I will be offended if you say things I do are just because of my age, I understand that you didn't mean it as an insult, but just show some respect for me as a mature grownup." Also, in one of the forums I just mentioned that I like clothes that are really intense so it's like, very strong and respect-demanding, because all people have to respect each other as the intelligent, responsible grownups they are and not just call people you don't know stupid or childish at random.

Anyway, people got really pissed at me there, because they said, you shouldn't respect people until they showed you they deserve respect. You don't respect new born babies, they said. What the fuck? You should treat everyone with respect. I respect a new born baby as a valuable person with rights. I respect strangers as responsible valuable grownups until they prove to be the opposite. So you should just treat people like shit until you decide to respect them? So I was banned from that place for "having an attitude and making people uncomfortable by telling them to show some respect". Fucktards. Yeah, I have totally lost respect for them.

Also, on MyOpera, there was this moderator, Espen, who started insulting me and stuff, so I told some people about that and they turned against me and started saying I probably started it, so I just told them they are crap people and should leave me alone, but they started harassing me more and more when I just told them to leave me alone and one of them even posted an offensive blog entry about me, just accusing me of things. So I told the police, but they didn't seem to care. It became a case, but the case was dropped quickly. So, I just kept on blogging and chatting with people and if someone harassed me I just deleted the comments or simply told them to leave me alone. Then I got really really harassed by someone on MyOpera.

It was an anonymous user and I went to the forum to ask if you could ban or block an IP address if people harass you anonymously. So, I went to check what the IP address of the person who kept on writing insults and accusations to me over and over on my blog was. Seriously, he sent the same message like 20 times and I was just deleting them. And he... Guessing it was a he, think I am pretty sure of who it was. Or maybe someone else, I have a few guy-suspects, no girl suspect. Anyway. He started adding the phrase "Who keeps deleting my comments?" to those comments. Duh, I deleted them, who else? And why? Because they are harassment and spam! So, I checked on the IP address. It was from inside the Opera Software House in Oslo.

So, I realized, it was a mod spamming me, probably Espen or maybe one of his friends - Which have also not been too nice to me. What do you say then? "Oh, yes, hey, remember I asked if you can block an IP address? Oh, here it is, it happens to be the IP address of the mods, so you'd ban yourself!" No. No way the mods would ban themselves. I was just stunned. Harassing your own members anonymously? Yeah, he used to insult me, but anonymously??? So, I confronted the spammer, when he wrote his disgusting comments accusing me of things. "How pathetic to actually harass someone from inside of the Opera Software House itself. A mod harassing people, that's just low. This is you:" Posted his IP address and all that kinda information.

Got banned for "giving out a mod". Ha ha! Fucktards!

So, the newest thing is really weird! I have been... HAD been a member of MySpace since ehm... Oh, must have been 2006 some time. Anyway, me was innocent little good girl as always, actively participating in forum discussions, finding a lot of different people there, reporting spam and abuse once in a while, I didn't ever spam or get into a fight or anything. Then, all of a sudden, after I'd been a member for nearly two years, I just got banned suddenly out of the blue and got a message in the mail saying I got banned because of "one of these reasons" and a long list of things that I "had done at least one thing of"... Those things I had not done anything of. Now, apparently, they've reported my IP address to some spam blacklist -WHAT THE SERIOUS FUCK???!!!- Which is like really sick since I'd never spam or do anything like that.

No comments: