2008-10-08

A Little About My Life

I still don't have a job, karate practice is going great, I'm invited to Hedvig's third birthday party which is this Sunday. Hedvig is a wonderful child, I am not related by blood to her, but I've known her ever since she was a baby and her parents are very close friends with my aunt and her boyfriend. My cousin Olga and Hedvig have grown up meeting each other regularly and even had a shared baptism.

Little Hedvig is turning three.

I noticed that my hair was getting long, so I cut it off. Now it is really short. The fall weather in Sweden is just magical, but to me the magic disappears and I realize that it is just plain weather and that there is no magic. If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, does it make a sound? Can there still be magic even if I'm an unloved piece of shit?

Magic or stupid dead matter?

Halloween and Samhain are coming up. Samhain is an old pagan holiday, dedicated to getting rid of all the bad and inviting all the good in. All Hallows Eve is dedicated to honoring your deceased family members and friends. I guess you could say Halloween is a combination of the both, but with candy and scary movies thrown in.

An altar with a candle, flowers and a wooden turtle to remember my dead turtle Ayo.

Photos by me.

No comments: