2008-05-29

The 116 Greatest Songs Ever!

Why 116 I do not know. I just tried to put down lots of songs that I like. Perhaps there are lots of songs that I like more than some of those but that didn't get on the list, perhaps some of them aren't in exactly the order I like them. But hey, I spent lots of time trying to write down my favorite songs and put them in the right order and it's not so easy to remember all my favorite songs or decide in which order I like them all and I really can't spend forever on one list, so I guess I think this list is quite good enough!

1. Diamanda Galás - Scream of Love
2. Diamanda Galás - Eyes Without Blood
3. Diamanda Galás - I Put A Spell On You
4. Rezsõ Seress - Szomorú Vasárnap
5. Joy Division - I Remember Nothing
6. Joy Division - In A Lonely Place
7. John Cale - I Keep A Close Watch
8. Sweetbox - Everything's Gonna Be Alright
9. The Cure - The Same Deep Water As You
10. Clannad - I Will Find You
11. Mary J. Blige and Method Man - You're All I Need
12. Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone
13. Dave Bainbridge and Joanne Hogg - Until The Tide Turns
14. The Blue Nile - Soul Boy
15. The Danse Society - Somewhere
16. Joy Division - Decades
17. Neil Young - Like a Hurricane
18. Bill Withers - You Just Can't Smile It Away
19. Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah
20. The Police - Every Breath You Take
21. Diana Ross and Marvin Gaye - You Are Everything
22. Corvus Corax - Mille Anni Passi Sunt
23. Hocico - Nightmare
24. Iona - Divine Presence
25. All About Eve - Martha's Harbour
26. Diamanda Galás - Insane Asylum
27. Lacuna Coil - Enjoy The Silence
28. Billie Holiday - Strange Fruit
29. Gene Loves Jezebel - Kiss Of Life
30. Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
31. Diamanda Galás and Jane's Addiction - Sex Is Violent
32. Diamanda Galás - Gloomy Sunday
33. Billie Holiday - Gloomy Sunday
34. Leftöver Crack - Heroin Or Suicide?
35. Jimmy Witherspoon - Everything But You
36. Skip James - Devil Got My Woman
37. Luther Allison - Reaching Out
38. Corvus Corax - Rausch
39. Loreena McKennitt - Skellig
40. Enya - I Want Tomorrow
41. Diamanda Galás and Recoil - Strange Hours
42. Hocico - Spit As An Offense
43. Corvus Corax - Zauberlehrling
44. Runrig - Abhainn an t-Sluaigh
45. Clannad - Northern Skyline
46. O'Jays - Now That We Found Love
47. Jimmy Reed - Big Legged Woman
48. Jimmy Reed - You Got Me Dizzy
49. Luther Allison - Serious
50. Jimmy Reed - I Wanna Be Loved
51. Frank Stokes - Stomp That Thing
52. Fiona Kennedy - Riverdance
53. Lead Belly - Black Betty
54. John Lee Hooker - Think Twice Before You Go
55. Jimmy Reed - Bright Lights, Big City
56. Jimmy Reed - Honest I Do
57. Venetian Snares - A Lot of Drugs
58. Bo Diddley - Bring It To Jerome
59. Mance Lipscomb - God Moves On The Water
60. Sonny Terry - Lost John
61. Adiemus - Adiemus
62. John Lee Hooker - Devil's Jump
63. Howlin' Wolf - Smokestack Lightin'
64. Pink Floyd - Keep Talking
65. Mississippi John Hurt - Nobody's Dirty Business
66. Joy Division - New Dawn Fades
67. Skip James - Shake 'Em On Down
68. Mississippi John Hurt - Stagger Lee
69. Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley
70. Luther Allison - Life Is A Bitch
71. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill
72. Kate Bush - Cloudbusting
73. The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
74. Ma Rainey - C. C. Rider
75. David Honeyboy Edwards - Gamblin' Man
76. Brownie McGhee, Lead Belly and Sonny Terry - How Long Blues
77. Mamie Smith - Sweet Man O'Mine
78. Skip James - I'm So Glad
79. Mance Lipscomb - Ain't It Hard?
80. Leonard Cohen - Waiting For The Miracle
81. Skip James - Worried Blues
82. Skip James - Crow Jane
83. Odetta - God's Gonna Cut You Down
84. The Blue Nile - From A Late Night Train
85. Mance Lipscomb - So Different Blues
86. Mamie Smith - No Good Man
87. Skip James - 4 O'Clock Blues
88. Mamie Smtih - So What Papa?
89. Mance Lipscomb - Sugar Babe
90. Mamie Smith - Harlem Blues
91. Mance Lipscomb - Baby Please Don't Go
92. Mance Lipscomb - Going Up North To See My Pony Run
93. John Lee Hooker - I'm Gonna Kill That Woman
94. Clannad - Blackstairs
95. Skip James - How Long Blues
96. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
97. Mance Lipscomb - Angel Child
98. Cage and Darryl Palumbo - Shoot Frank
99. Nine Inch Nails - Mr. Self-Destruct
100. Clannad - Newgrange
101. Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly
102. Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
103. Corvus Corax - Tanzwut
104. John Lee Hooker - Tupelo Blues
105. Cornelis Vreeswijk - Somliga Går Med Trasiga Skor
106. Máire Brennan - Against The Wind
107. Nine Inch Nails - Closer
108. Kool Rock Steady - You Ain't Nobody
109. Mance Lipscomb - Mama Don't Allow
110. Ray Charles - Hit the Road, Jack!
111. Supertramp - The Logical Song
112. Michael Sembello - Maniac
113. Junior Wells - Sweet Sixteen
114. Lydia Lunch and Nick Cave - Some Velvet Morning
115. Mance Lipscomb - Big Boss Man
116. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

No comments: